Wow, was I lucky!!! Seems I left my sock project bag at the Panera where my new knitting group met last week. It wasn’t until Monday when I went to work on them that I realized I’d left them. Fortunately a worker found the bag and stowed it under the cash register. Only knitters know that was about $50+ in yarn, needles, and bag. Didn’t get as far on them as I had hoped. Fingers crossed I’ll get them finished this week.
OOPS I DID IT AGAIN
You would think I would know by now it rip back if something isn’t quite right. I tried to cheat on my baby blanket when I ran out of yarn for on a stripe. Thought I could live with it. After 2 failed attempts to “fix it”, I ripped about 12 rows back. Then of course when I knit the second time I must have knit looser as I ran out of a different color’s yarn. Now each wider stripe gets one row of white before the fuzzy white stripe. It’s a “design element”. I’ve realized that I cast-on more stitches than I desired but it’s okay. The stripes will be vertical instead of the more typical horizontal. 37″ seems a bit wide but is perfect for the length I wanted.
My next project will be a Halloween cowl. Hoping it gets cool enough in October to wear it. Too often I don’t even get to wear my Halloween sweater because it’s still too hot. But I wanted a fun colorwork project. I will not be knitting the orange/white/pink stripes. Instead I’m using a sparkle black and orange variegated sock yarn for those sections. I frogged the yarn from a pair of argyle socks I started a couple of years ago hoping to master intarsia in the round. Not. The sock yarn was black, orange, bright blue and yellow. They will be great for the colorwork section. (I do have some white for the ghosts.)
A final photo of my finished Ranunculus. Turns out I don’t have to wear a top underneath. I’m very happy with the neck of this pattern versus the typical “boat neck”. I will be using this neck even on my Anne Hanssen and plan to knit again. I will also do some sleeve decreases to make a more fitted cap sleeve.
The only acquisition this week was a V Neck Pattern, Broadview Pullover by KnitPicks, for my husband’s sweater. I had purchased a crew neck pattern but he said he’d prefer V Neck. I didn’t find many V Neck patterns on Ravelry so this is the one I ended up with.
Hope you have a wonderful week of crafting. This is a year of projects (YOP12) update. YOP is a Ravelry Group – make a plan for the year ahead for all your fiber activities, then update your blog each week. Plans can be calendar year (like mine) or mid-year start (like many). Following the plan is optional and creates some of the fun of posts. YOP started it’s 12th year in July and I’m starting my third year in the group. I’ve been knitting for five years.